Thursday, June 3, 2010

June Selection

Betty reminded me that I was next up to pick a book, and I'd been kind of dithering about what to read. We've done lots of American South, so I think we ought to leave that alone for a bit. How about something brand-new? Julie D. recommends Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. Anyone up for reading a new book? This sounds like just the sort of thing I'd like right now -- I'm kind of supposed to be on a quasi-bed rest until next week (it don't mean anything, I think, but the midwife wants me to put up my feet until next Friday, which will be 36 weeks) so something charming would be ideal.

2 comments:

BettyDuffy said...

I'm excited to read this book. And my other book club is going to read it too so that makes life easy.

mrsdarwin said...

That clinches it, Betty! I'm all about the killing of the two birds with one stone. I think I've got some Amazon points built up, so I'll order my copy tonight. I think it should be a quick fun read.