Friday, May 7, 2010

Decisions, decisions

Unless someone has a strong opinion - and offers it - I've finally made a book choice. After reading a little into each book, I've decided to pick The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. I'm still on my southern reading kick, and I have never read this one.  I'm about 100 pages into the Goudge book, and am thoroughly enjoying it, but it's not readily available at other libraries, and I don't know that it's a book that would stand up to repeated rereadings.  My Antonia was one of my favorite books in high school, and it's staying on my bedside table to reread, but I've had the McCullers a long time without reading it, so I either need to read it or pass it on. Plus it should read quickly!

6 comments:

Melanie B said...

Fine with me. So long as it is easier than Faulkner. My brain just wasn't able to stretch that far right now.

I wonder if I still have my copy or if I gave it away because I'd never got around to reading it. I will hunt the shelves tomorrow when Ben is awake.

BettyDuffy said...

I've got it, and I'll get going.

Otepoti said...

I'd still like to read Faulkner, but I had to take it back. Now it'll probably stay at the Library now and cry, since the last time it was issued was about 1980.

I think I'd rather go on to McCuller. FWIW.

mrsdarwin said...

I'll get it at the library AS SOON AS MY VAN KEY SHOWS UP. Otherwise, I'll order it on Amazon. Seems like I'll have plenty of time to read it because I can't go anywhere because I CAN'T FIND MY KEY.

Emily J. said...

Mrs. D - I just noticed your comment. Try checking your daughters' purses. Once I found a set of keys in a kiddie purse after they were missing for days. I'm still hoping my son's cell phone (an old one of ours that weighs about 3 lbs so he's too embarrassed to use it except in dire times, which is what it's for.) will turn up that way.

mrsdarwin said...

After two hours of fruitless searching, in which time we missed our French class, I finally remembered who had it last -- my daughter had opened the front door the morning before when we arrived home from doctors' appointments. And when I questioned her, suddenly she remembered where she'd put it. So we went to the library, and I got the book and read it today while my older girls were deeply absorbed in the A-Z mystery series. I think I got the better end of the literary stick.