Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kristin

Friends,

I'm the next book chooser, and I'm thinking about this one:

Dean Hudson at Inside Catholic says:
"I'm not sure if there is a greater Catholic novel than Sigrid Undset's Kristin Lavransdatter. If there is, it's probably her other medieval epic, The Master of Hestviken, but I still prefer the more accessible Kristin."

Sounds interesting.

If you've read it before, would you like to read it again, or have you squeezed all the juice out already?

Comments?

8 comments:

Melanie B said...

I read it for the first time last year and enjoyed it. Definitely a good read. But I wouldn't mind a re-read, especially as I felt the lack someone to discuss it with at the time.

Betty Duffy said...

THis book has too much juice to ever finish squeezing. I'd love to read it with this group.

Emily said...

Excited to have an excuse to buy a copy!

mrsdarwin said...

I've never read it but have heard the most wonderful things about it. This would be the kick in the pants I need to get started on it!

Otepoti said...

Alrighty, then, we'll call that a done deal. Kristin it is for September.

Thanks.

Betty Duffy said...

Will we be doing just book I, or all three books?

Otepoti said...

Oh! Er. I hadn't thought. How big a reading load is it? (You know better than I.)

Betty Duffy said...

We might be more comfortable doing one a month, or just the first one rather than all three in a month. But I'm up for anything.