Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Beginning Kristin

Ok, folks, I just took the book out of the library, and I assume it's the trilogy, because it runs to 800 pp. So I think, what with

MY NEW GRANDCHILD

and all,

(pauses and waits for cries of "No! Really? You look MUCH too young to be a grandmother!" - but not a sausage)

that reading the first volume only might be a realistic target for one month.

I've started reading it, and apart from the strange new nomenclature, it reads pleasantly and easily, which is a relief, because I am such a lazy reader, and rarely move out of my comfort zone. Would anyone be up for a rereading of the Moomin books after this? Cause they're the only other works of Northern literature I've read...

Best to you all

4 comments:

Pentimento said...

Otepoti, you not only LOOK much too young to be a grandmother . . . you ARE an extremely young grandmother!

I want to jump back in on Kristin, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to. I'm under the stone of Sisyphus just now.

mrsdarwin said...

Aw, congratulations on the grandbaby! Is is a girl or boy?

I'm waiting for my copy to arrive, so I'll jump in as soon as it pops up in my mailbox -- maybe today, according to Amazon.

Betty Duffy said...

Congratulations, Granny Otepoti! A very young granny indeed.

Glad to get started on Kristin. On the nomenclature, I ended up calling her mother Rnnnnfnnnnd through the whole book.

Emily said...

Congratulations, Otepoti! Although I think I missed your picture, your posts always sound youthful!

I just checked a Moomintroll book out from the library for my kids, but not one seemed interested in it. Maybe I'll give it a look. I just remember my mom trying to get my brother to read it. He only read baseball cards.