Monday, June 8, 2009

I Am A Bum

Okay, I think I'm going to have to sit out the Aeneid. A couple of writing projects have come up for me - not, alas, paid ones, but they always say that if you can't find work in your field, you should volunteer in it to burnish your résumé (I don't really think of writing as my field -- teaching music is -- but I've done a lot of scholarly writing on music in the past few years, and I'm hoping to teach on the academic level, so I suppose it's part of my field). So, can I jump in for the next book possibly? I'm such a bum.

2 comments:

Betty Duffy said...

I vote Dr. Pentimento the "least likely to be labeled Bum" in this group.

Pentimento said...

Don't be so certain, BD. But I've already gotten hold of Mister Blue, in case anyone is interested. I was heartened to see that it's short.