Monday, May 18, 2009

My Dog Wants Me to Go To Bed

Well, he's tired. And he hates going anywhere without me. Whine, whine. Significant yawn. Whine.

In addition to the dog, I have a lovely husband, four lovely children still living and schooling under my roof for some years to come, a rabbit, a fish, a plastic file box full of Madagascar hissing cockroaches, and a kind next-door neighbor who teaches kindergarten and has amassed a motley collection of former class pets, including Madagascar hissing cockroaches, which are the gift that keeps on giving.

I live in a small Southern town which I did not grow up in and am therefore at liberty to love without a lot of baggage. It's pretty here, and quiet, and we're happy.

I've had the distinction of being married to a Methodist minister, an Anglican priest, and a Roman Catholic lay theologian; interestingly enough, they're all the same person.

I'm looking forward to reading and book talk -- after a lifetime of bookwormdom, I'm finding these days that I really need somebody to make me sit down and finish a book that maybe isn't Pride and Prejudice for the bazillionth time. Although I'd be perfectly happy to read Pride and Prejudice again, too.

God bless you all,

Sally

1 comment:

Otepoti said...

Hi, Sally, you have a busy life. (Note to self: google Madagascar hissing cockroaches - and there's a sentence I'd never have DREAMED of ten years ago. If I had, I'd have thought I was drunk.)

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that it's always good to make new friends.

Cheers

Otepoti